Saturday, December 1, 2012

Cranberry Walnut Flour-less Brownies

Cranberry-Walnut Flour-less Brownies


I was going to make the Cranberry-Almond Upside-Down Cake recipe in Whole Living December 2012, but I didn't have almonds. So naturally I used what I had. And then I started the baking process before actually reading the recipe, naturally

So this is my own version of that recipe. They look like brownies, and taste delicious, but I assure you there is NO chocolate in there! I think I will have to make these again some time because I devoured them.

Cranberry-Walnut Flour-less Brownies
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
12 oz. fresh cranberries, rinsed
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups walnuts
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs


  1. In a food processor (or in my case a tiny coffee grinder...which I don't recommend using), process the walnuts until they are finely ground (they will be wet and like a paste).
  2. Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease a square baking dish.
  3. In a saucepan, over medium heat, cook the cranberries and sugar until soft (a few minutes).
  4. Spoon the cranberries in the baking dish and reserve some of the liquid.
  5. Pour the remaining liquid into a bowl with the butter and beat until fully combined.
  6. Add the eggs to the butter mixture, beating them one at a time to incorporate.
  7. In another bowl mix the walnuts, baking soda and salt.
  8. Combine the walnut mixture with the wet ingredients, mixing well.
  9. Pour the batter over the cranberries, smooth even and bake for 35-40 minutes (or until a knife comes out clean from poking the center).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...