Friday, February 15, 2013

The delicious alfalfa sandwich

Have you ever had a sandwich from a local restaurant/cafe that you just absolutely feel in love with?
I did with the sliced turkey sandwich from Trotter's Cafe back when I was a youngster. The owners lived across the alley from us, and they made (well still make) delicious good-for-you food. I was kind of craving a veggie version of that sandwich this afternoon. Since I do not live in Minnesota anymore, nor anywhere near there, I had to go and make my own. It was good, but lacking mayo because we didn't have any. I spiced it up a little and made the Amanda version.
Veggie Sandwich
2 slices homemade bread
2 slices organic tomato
1 Tbsp spicy mustard
1 generous Tbsp mayo (if you have it)
a heaping handful of alfalfa sprouts
a heaping spoonful of homemade pickles
2 slices provolone cheese (if you have it)

  1. Spread the mayo and mustard on the bread slices (don't be shy with them, they add mmm-mmm-goodness).
  2. Place cheese slices (if using) on the bottom slice of bread.
  3. Top with loads of alfalfa, then the tomatoes and finally the pickles.
  4. Top with the other slice of bread, cut in half and savor every. last. bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...